Friday, August 18, 2006

Day 42 spend night with "warm showers" host Gillian in Ordway, CO



I made the 63 or so miles from Eads, CO to Ordway, CO at a reasonable speed but I felt I was "bonking" or running out of glycogen in my muscles. Maggie thinks getting just the salad bar last night was a bad idea because it didn't give me much energy today.

Mag and I are staying on Gillian's farm in Ordway. She's listed in warm showers although Bill, the cyclist we met in Haswell, also mentioned her (Bill didn't stay with Gillian; he doesn't carry camping gear so he had a prepaid reservation at the hotel in Ordway, CO and stayed there). She works from 1 PM to 10 PM so ironically we haven't even met Gillian but she leaves her door unlocked and lets cyclists come in when she's not at home. I did the grocery shopping while Mag was using the internet. She made a spaghetti sauce using regular sauce as a base, and adding mushrooms and ground beef, and we had a salad with spinach, red peppers, and tomatoes. I wasn't wearing a shirt in the picture because Gillian let us wash our clothes so I wash everything I've worn, underwear included so I wear a towel in the meantime. With the carbs I ate I'm hoping for an energetic 50 miles tomorrow to Pueblo, CO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home