Thursday, August 17, 2006

Day 41 (Thu) Sheridan Lake to Eads, CO



(photo credit: Dave H)

We passed several enormous cultivated fields of sunflowers in Colorado. Mag had been
disappointed that, due to drought in Kansas, all the sunflowers had withered. She was very stoked and took many pictures but you'll need to read her blog for the whole story.

58 miles today from Tribune, KS to Eads, CO with some tail wind. There were no services to speak of for these 58 miles. It was lucky that I now carry 2 1-gallon jugs strapped to my bike as well as a 64-oz plastic bottle. (I didn't fill up the 64-oz bottle before setting out but I will when we cross Utah and Nevada or during above 90F weather)

In Eads, we had a nice lunch at the Purple People Eatery (402 E 15th St Eads, CO 81036 719-438-2099). I had a Chicken Fajita salad, Mag had a burger and curly fries, and Dave H had a vegetarian quasi-burger. My chicken salad was tasty and they bake their own bread (which in my case affected only the dinner roll served with the salad).

We are staying in the Econo Lodge motel ($63 for 3 people, free wifi, 609 E. 15th St.
Eads, CO 81036, 719-438-5451).

It was clear and hot during the day but it is rainy and a bit chilly now. We're going to have dinner here at the motel restaurant which the locals say is the best place in town.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home