Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Day 39: tired, need sleep... staying in Scott City, KS

(still unable to upload photos, will talk to my service provider T-Mobile)

We made excellent progress to Dighton where I wrote previously from the Bowl & Cafe while I was eating my 2 pancakes, 2 biscuits with gravy, and hash browns. Admittedly this isn't ideal energy food but I still figured that my energy would improve and, combined with the tailwind, we could make it at least to Scott City and perhaps to Leoti.

However, once on the road my energy was a bit lacking. Partly I may have been still digesting the big breakfast but also I think some sleep deprivation has been catching up with me. We've been rising from bed at 5:30 am and sometimes I have been awake at 5 am or earlier thinking about stuff or not feeling like sleeping. Mag was dragging during the ride too and said she wanted to take a nap.

We decided to stick with our original destination of Scott City (55 miles away from our start today of Ness City) and not press on to Leoti. I think we're planning to spend the night at the fitness center, which offers showers and limited accomodation for $9 per person/night (showers only $4 per person/night, showers, lodging and full fitness center access for $12 per person/night). I'm not sure what the accomodation is like, it isn't divided into "rooms" per se but I think they have beds. If it sucks, we can stay in one of the 4 or so motels we have seen in town but it should be fine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home