Sunday, July 16, 2006

Day 9: Bath, NY to Wellsville, NY

I spent several hours yesterday on Saturday going to several different shops trying to get my recumbent seat back sewn, and in the end I did it myself with a needle, thread & denim material from a sewing machine store while Maggie was in the Corning glassware museum.

My repair was holding but the tension wasn't as high in the seat as I would have liked. While we were at the grocery store in Alfred, NY, we encountered Peter the proprietor of the Bicycle Man recumbent bicycle shop in town. I decided to buy a replacement seat cover, hopefully to guarantee that the seat would remain durable for some time to come. I installed it during what was to be lunch time for Maggie & me. It was too hot to ride around 2-3 PM anyway. The new seat cover, while more durable, doesn't allow me to put all the same gear inside the seat that I did before so I will have to figure that out.

We had hoped to stay with a warmshowers.com host in Wellsville but I think he was out of town. We tried the police, fire, and ambulance stations as well as a few local churches but didn't have much luck. The firefighters said we could camp behind the station but didn't have a shower. Fortunately, next to a church we found a nice family (John and Diana) who offered us a shower and a place to camp. We ate an excellent meal at the Texas Hot restaurant (we usually order family style) consisting of a Texas hot dog, a hamburger, a chicken, biscuit & mashed potato dinner, and a Gyro.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/19/2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 7/20/2006 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home