Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Day 74 (09/19) Escalante, UT (no cell coverage)

I was up at night thinking about how I contributed to the fight with Mag. Obviously she needs her space, especially when she's tired so I need to respect, and adapt, to her needs better than I have been.

There was a Woman Tours van (http://www.womantours.com) parked at the motel so we chatted with the ladies on their bike tour around Utah. They were on day 16 on a tour out of St. George Utah and had just a few days to go.

Nice ride today from Boulder, UT into Escalante although it wasn't as easy as I expected based on looking at the topographic Adventure Cycling map. There was quite a bit of climbing though it was rewarding because of the spectacular views and descents, such as the Hogback with down grades up to 14%.

We're staying with a nice older couple, the Griffins, they are members of the LDS church. They are letting us stay in their trailer (Maggie took a shower inside the house). I was curious to find out more about the LDS people; as the "regular" Christians & LDS people don't mix very much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home