Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Day 61 (Wed) Left Mancos early (07:00), rear tire flat, arrive Durango

I rough camped next to a house under construction (there weren't many rough camping spots in town. Normally in smaller towns I would find open land that technically might belong to somebody but was sort of out of the way, but things were kind of 'fenced in' in Mancos. I considered getting a motel but regarded it as a challenge).

I got up around 06:00 and was out of there quickly. Mag wanted to meet in Mancos for breakfast at 9 but it was a cold morning, most stores were not open, and there was nothing for me to do so I got a quick breakfast and started riding the 30 miles to Durango. I should have eaten a bit more (my energy wasn't great) but I made it.

I got a flat on my new Chen Shin Wal-Mart tire. When I dismounted the tire I was surprised to see two punctures, about 10 cm apart. There was a tiny pinhole puncture which I may not have noticed, though it would have eventually caused the tire to lose pressure. However, there was a truck-tire wire - I think that's what it was - stuck through the tire and the tire liner which had caused the tire to lose pressure quickly. Counting both punctures as one "flat", I think I'm up to 11. I've done poorly compared to Mag, who has had only 2 I think.

The terrain was fairly hilly.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9/06/2006 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit being a jerk and meet back up with Maggie...she is awesome!

 
At 9/06/2006 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

quit being a jerk and meet back up with Maggie! She is awesome!

 
At 11/16/2006 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me a break. She sounds like a big selfish jerk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home