Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Day 60 (Tue) leaving Morefield camp at dusk

I was hungry, having exhausted all my food during the ride to the Balcony House tour and on the way back, climbing to the visitor's center. The whole time I was driven by the 15:00 start time of the tour, but also by the gathering dark clouds which often signal the heavy downpours in the afternoon.

When I arrived in camp, I scored one of the personal size pepperoni pizzas ($6)from the Knife Edge Cafe. Then I started talking with Matt & Diane, who had the tent site close to ours. By the time I left, it was about 20:00 at dusk.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9/07/2006 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, we met briefly at your campsite early Tuesday morning, the 6th. Enjoying your blog for sure! I'll tell my daughter bout you seeing the bear. I teased her about being concerning about bears in the park. She'll feel vindicated now! Good luck to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home