Monday, July 10, 2006

Day 3 (Mount Hope, NY to Narrowsburg, NY)

Hi, Maggie and I had a good day of riding today but it was tough (we're tired now). Especially as we neared Narrowsburg the terrain became very hilly with tough grades, and the heat according to Maggie's computer reached 91 F (it was humid but I don't know how humid).

This is the second time I've been to Narrowburg in about a week, this time of course I am going westbound. I know from my previous experience that the road from Narrowsburg to Hancock will be tough with steep grades, followed by steep descents repeated over and over. Tomorrow we'll just go slowly, hydrate and eat well, and rest after exerting ourselves in the heat and humidity. Mostly of the day I will be grinding up the hills in my 1-1 granny gear.

We are camping in an official campground tonight so we will have a hot shower. I don't have mobile coverage at the campground (there was coverage where I stayed last time I was in Narrowsburg, which was at higher elevation) so I am writing this blog from the public library, but I can't post pictures. When I have mobile coverage I can post the pictures from today (you can look forward to seeing Maggie's huge breakfast in Port Jervis and a waterfall in the mountains).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7/24/2006 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home