Sunday, October 01, 2006

Day 86 (Sun 10/01) morning in Middlegate junction, NV

I had a tough time setting up my tent last night. Somehow, the tent body seems to have shrunk (or the poles grew, a less likely scenario) so I couldn't get the pole ends to fit in the grommets. Only with Yuri's help could I set it up.

It was a warm night, at least compared with east Nevada and Utah because of the cloud cover. It did get get colder as usual during the night so I put on the rainfly and some extra clothes but I slept well. Mag reported that she slept so-so in Yuri's car. Yuri seems to have slept well.

It was a struggle putting the tent away this morning because of the same issue. I'm having a monster breakfast in Middlegate before we hit the road (more meat and sausage than I would like but good portions).

Yuri is heading back to Reno and then San Francisco today. We thanked him for all his help. Mag has already hit the road because she is slower than I am. I'll catch up with her soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home