Friday, September 01, 2006

Day 55 (Thu) around 10 PM: dinner & beginning of "4 Feathers"

After my fourth hike, I was so hungry I stopped briefly at the library but then went to have dinner at the "Smuggler's" restaurant which the lady from the Orvis Hot Springs in Ridgway, CO recommended. Britnee was my server, she was the same girl who sold me the Patagonia shirt at the Slope Style store in Mountain Village. I ordered a big mandarin chicken salad, then I was still hungry so I ordered a Gyro, and I might have been hungry after that but I called it quits ($22, including tax and tip).

It was raining lightly after dinner, around time for the 20:30 showing of "4 Feathers" in Elk Park. Mag and Ed decided to bail because of the rain and cold. I saw a brief 5 minute short movie composite of nearly every movie ever made, and then the beginning of "4 Feathers", made by a Hungarian film maker in 1939 about the British conflict in Sudan and that has perils to the present day war on terrorism, so they say. But I didn't watch much because I had no warm clothes or sleeping bag and it became quite cold.

I went back to the campsite thinking I might get some clothes and return to the movie, but instead I just set up my tent (I had collapsed it in case I left today and to make room for the new visitor that Gary and Valerie had arriving on Thursday) and went to sleep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home