Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Day 54 (Wed) Telluride activities

I'm hanging out in Telluride checking out the town. It is situated impressively; the mountains, hiking and biking trails are walking distance from the center of town. Naturally it is touristy.

There is a film festival and other entertainment starting up in town. A lady who vacations here regularly said that just in the last day it is becoming busier as film crews arrive. In the coming days, accomodation will be fully booked, restaurant seatings will be hard to come by, and the sidewalks will fill with people gawking at the (few) celebrities who will be in attendance. Season film passes are sold out and they have priority to see the films (people paid hundreds on up to thousands for the passes according to her story). I'm not sure if I'll be able to see any of the films unless I want to see the late night shows starting at 9 PM or 11 PM depending on the film.

I rode the gondola up to the summit at St. Sophia, over to mountain village on the other side and then the last gondola to the Town Hall. I'm not sure if I'll be staying in regular accomodation tonight or camping, so I bought a Patagonia capilene long sleeve shirt for extra insultation (40% off, $24.72 with tax). The accomodation is upscale/pricey here so I don't think I'll get my own room though I'll go in with Mag & Ed if they are willing to do that. Otherwise the Town Park campground has showers and primitive sites for $12, I believe. Historically, Telluride's overnight low temperature in August is 37 F. Though the actual weather forecast appears more like high 40s.

Presumably Mag and Ed are on their way here to Telluride and should be here around 2 PM. I'll send Mag a text message to see if she is OK.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home