Friday, August 25, 2006

Day 49: Waiting for Mag & Ed in Salida

I'm waiting in Salida, CO about 23 miles from the 11,312 foot Monarch Pass - the high point on this ride across country. I left Jerry & Donna's cabin this morning while Ed & Mag were still asleep. Mag requested that I wait for them here in Salida but I haven't been in regular contact with her due to the spotty cell coverage in the mountains on hwy 50 between the vicinity of Canon City and here.

I'm pretty sleep right now. I'd better get some lunch and maybe take a nap. I haven't decided if I will stay here tonight, or head out to perhaps Poncha Springs, Maysville, or one of the campsites east of Monarch Pass to get an early start tomorrow. (I won't be going over Monarch today; I understated the earlier figure of 30-40 miles from Canon City).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should catch up on your rest and food by staying in a comfy place in Salida and wait for M & E so as to be ready for the climb over the Monarch pass in the morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home