Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Day 4 - Narrowsburg, NY

Hi somehow we got up at 6:30AM at the campsite (Maggie slept well, to my relief. I slept well but got up during the night) but after messing around with the tent and trying to cook the Miso soup and dried Tofu, the latter turning out horribly with a consistency like sponge, buying groceries which we couldn't do the previous night because the store was closed, and messing around with Maggie's derailleur again, it was nearly 10:30 AM by the time we got going.

The midday heat was scorching; with the sun high in the sky there was no cover from the trees on either side. When we pulled into the convenience store at Douglas, about 15 miles short of Hancock, both Maggie and I had catnaps on the benches of the shady picnic table after sweating like crazy climbing 12% grades in the heat.

I'm not able to post pictures right now because I am on a foreign network.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/19/2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 
At 7/20/2006 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home