Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Day 11: Salamanca, NY to Bemus Point, NY

It was a fairly cool (overcast) day today until around 2 pm but fortunately even after the clouds cleared the temperatures were moderate in comparison with the over 30-34 C we had been experiencing.

I was a bit under powered today. Recall that Maggie made an excellent meal for Jim & Carolyn's family in Bradford, PA however with Jim, Carolyn, Abby, Maggie and me eating there was a good portion for regular appetites but not quite enough to replenish after a day of cycling. I must emphatically point out that this was not any fault of our very generous hosts Jim and Carolyn. Jim in fact offered me ice cream sandwiches, of which I ate 2 however that is about my limit.

We arrived in the touristy resort town of Bemus Point. Unsurprisingly, the regular inn/motel accomodation was expensive. Most were in the $150/night + tax range, though we found a Snow Ridge motel for $85 + tax. We decided to go to the Wildwood Acres campground (5006 Brown Rd, Bemus Point, NY 14712
716-386-7037) which charged us $15 for the two of us. It was quite nice, not mobbed with kids during the week, the bathroom were clean and they even had a warm water pool.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/12/2006 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At 8/17/2006 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home