Friday, January 26, 2007

Getting really comfortable in Aramara (PV), maybe too comfortable

We have been having a good time hanging in Aramara / PV. It was nice that Jen could see the place where I would vacation with my Dad as a boy. Unfortunately, he didn't come for significant periods of time so I missed an opportunity to be bilingual at an early age. I have been practicing my Spanish a lot since we crossed the border in Tijuana on 18 Dec 2006, although even my Spanish practice has slowed in PV since it is not an unfamiliar environment and thus less challenging.

Buying local food like tropical fruits, oranges, bananas, and seafood like shrimp, one can eat very well here at a modest price. Jen will write an article on the food when she has time.

I think Jens health has been improving as she recovers from the turista and or dehydration, but she can talk about that now that she is blogging herself.

Although we are partly tempted to stay here and relax for a bit longer, our adventurous selves are calling us back to the road. We are hoping that if we depart tomorrow on Saturday traffic out of PV southbound on 200 should be lighter and we wont be white knuckling it all the way to Manzanillo, Colima. My Dad says that that road is boring, although that was years ago when he last drove it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home