Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Friday Harbor - checking out city before exploring San Juan



We passed the night uneventfully while stealth camping. This morning we've been checking out the actual town of Friday Harbor on San Juan island. We were thinking of going to Sidney BC but I think our plate is full since we haven't seen anything on San Juan yet and we're planning to cycle some on Whidbey island and see Deception Pass.

I stuffed myself with a 3 piece fish and chips, I can't recall the name. They were quite good but I feel gorged now since Jen got fries and didn't eat them I ate them all.

So we'll be checking out the rest of the island today like the Alpaca farm and Lavender farm, etc.

In comparison with Lopez, San Juan is much more built-up and touristy. Fortunately most of the tourists have gone since it is after labor day. Jen noted that there were more organic/healthy eating options in Lopez Village than here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9/05/2007 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is not a lot to see in Sidney but Victoria (30 miles) and Butchart Gardens on the way are worth visiting and I am sure the Booths would like to see you ( 250-598-7238).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home