Monday, June 26, 2006

Scotty, give me a damage report

I'm certainly hoping the checked Greyhound baggage will turn up, but I thought it wise to inventory my remaining possessions nonetheless (from the safety of Magda's apartment in a suburb of Chicago. Ironically we met on Greyhound when I was returning from my Southern Tier 2004 ride).

Things that are inconveniently gone if the bike is really gone:

1) 1999 Rans V-rex SWB recumbent
2) REI quarterdome UL tent
3) 1 REI explorer pannier
4) Trangia alcohol stove w/ 0.8 liter pot, frypan
5) Thermarest ultralite 3/4 length pad
6) cycling vest
7) Sigma sport multitool, 2 20" tubes, 2 26" tubes, 1 20" tire, 1 26" tire, patch kit & miscellaneous parts
8) 1 Hydrapak hydration bladder
9) 1 pair leg warmers
10) assorted toiletries including 1 bottle REI SPF22 sunscreen

My current inventory:
1 Money belt w/2 debit cards, subway card, bit of cash, US passport (left UK one at Dad's)
1 REI explorer pannier
1 bottle mostly used Bartell Drugs SPF 15 sunscreen
1 Very thin cable lock
1 set of clothes on my body (shorts, shirt, underwear)
1 REI nooksack UL 35 sleeping bag w/ stuff sack
1 silk mummy sleep sheet w/ stuff sack
1 Eagle Creek pack it cube with most of my clothes (1 packtowl, 3 underwear, 4 socks, 3 shirts, wool underwear bottoms, wool shirt)
1 set of Shimano SD-60 cycling sandals with SPD cleats
2 Clif bars, unspecified flavors
1 Bag of toiletries (hand sanitizer, razor, lip balm, toothbrush & toothpaste, hand packtowl, titanium spork, folding MSR pasta strainer, salt & pepper shakers, hand cream, bio soap, no rinse shampoo, scrub cream)
1 Motorola v330 mobile with 2 batteries, case & travel charger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home